Show more
csos95 boosted

mad men small final season spoiler/nsfw 

I'm almost done playing through the cube escape/rusty lake games and I think these games are giving me carpal tunnel.

I'm so happy that smash ultimate brought back the adventure mode.
I loved the original and melee when I was really young because I was at the age when sleep overs were common so there were plenty of chances to play it with friends and family.
When brawl came out I didn't have anyone to play it with, but that didn't matter because of the adventure mode.
When smash 4 came out I couldn't really get smash 4 it because it had no adventure mode and I didn't have anyone nearby to play with.

Just posted update 2 of my .
I made a lot of progress this last week: added an item system, made the main ui look nicer, and switched to a better pathing library and fov algorithm.

csos95.com/blog/untitled-rogue

I finally gave up on the fov algorithm from yesterday and implemented the one from this post.
adammil.net/blog/v125_roguelik

It's way faster (previous one lagged a bit even on my 2700x and took >1s per turn on a raspberry pi 2), it's actually symmetric, and it light up walls correctly.

I just spent ~7 hours trying to implement this symmetric field of view library in rust and it still isn't working right.

I ended up spending three hours implementing a game state/menu system instead of sleeping.

Here's a recording I made of it sped up 18 times.
youtube.com/watch?v=oALcFN0hUJ

I found out you can pull directly from x11 with ffmpeg so I was testing out using it to stream on discord and record at the same time with low-ish overhead.

I made good progress on my today.

- switched pathfinding to block diagonal movement on corners
- added mouse input (just prints what you hover over for now)
- started working on item and effect systems
- made the ui a bit better by splitting the status panel, showing the rest of the player stats, and adding more colors

I made a update post about my
csos95.com/blog/untitled-rogue

There was a lot of progress in the games architecture and thinking of game mechanics this past week.

I did some reworking of my renderer trait the implementations for libtcod and termion so now I can make my ui and not worry about if it'll look ok in a terminal or desktop environment.

us pol 

I finally got around to adding a ui wrapper around the renderer.
So, now I can work on making visual changes such as showing enemies in view in a status panel.

I added a cave map generator because I was getting tired of running through mazes for hours on end while testing things out.

I made a bunch of progress on the today cleaning things up and making a single render interface and implementing it for tcod and termion.
I initially added a player health bar and message log, but then I realized how much of a mess I was making by writing everything twice to use both renderers.
Now that I have a single interface I can spend tomorrow writing a gui with player status, list of enemies in view, and prettier message log.

I got termion working as a optional renderer so that it can be played in a terminal.

I spent today making a bunch of structural changes to clean up data access/ownership and adding a simple event system.

After that, adding a basic random move/attack ai to enemies was very easy.

Next up is to add message and status panels.

I've made some more progress on the project.
It has a basic dungeon generator, player movement, fov, doors, and enemies(without any ai right now so they just stand there and take damage).

I'm trying to make it easy to extend it as I go so I'm storing tile/entity data in json and loading at launch.

I've been fighting with the borrow check a bit today, but overall writing a game in is a lot easier for me than in c++ (no worrying about double frees and segfaults!).

I spent all day trying to use cursive or termion before I found out about libtcod.

I went through some of the tutorial then went ahead and rewrote my dungeon generator to work with libtcod.

Show more
Derps in Space

derpsin.space is one server in the network