I'm so happy that smash ultimate brought back the adventure mode.
I loved the original and melee when I was really young because I was at the age when sleep overs were common so there were plenty of chances to play it with friends and family.
When brawl came out I didn't have anyone to play it with, but that didn't matter because of the adventure mode.
When smash 4 came out I couldn't really get smash 4 it because it had no adventure mode and I didn't have anyone nearby to play with.
Just posted update 2 of my #roguelike.
I made a lot of progress this last week: added an item system, made the main ui look nicer, and switched to a better pathing library and fov algorithm.
I finally gave up on the fov algorithm from yesterday and implemented the one from this post.
It's way faster (previous one lagged a bit even on my 2700x and took >1s per turn on a raspberry pi 2), it's actually symmetric, and it light up walls correctly.
I ended up spending three hours implementing a game state/menu system instead of sleeping.
Here's a recording I made of it sped up 18 times.
I made good progress on my #roguelike today.
- switched pathfinding to block diagonal movement on corners
- added mouse input (just prints what you hover over for now)
- started working on item and effect systems
- made the ui a bit better by splitting the status panel, showing the rest of the player stats, and adding more colors
I made a update post about my #roguelike
There was a lot of progress in the games architecture and thinking of game mechanics this past week.
I made a bunch of progress on the #roguelike today cleaning things up and making a single render interface and implementing it for tcod and termion.
I initially added a player health bar and message log, but then I realized how much of a mess I was making by writing everything twice to use both renderers.
Now that I have a single interface I can spend tomorrow writing a gui with player status, list of enemies in view, and prettier message log.
I've made some more progress on the #roguelike project.
It has a basic dungeon generator, player movement, fov, doors, and enemies(without any ai right now so they just stand there and take damage).
I'm trying to make it easy to extend it as I go so I'm storing tile/entity data in json and loading at launch.